Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We’re a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That’s Grant Thornton.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals. The Public Company Advisory team sits within Grant Thornton’s Deals and Consulting business which comprises several teams including corporate finance, valuations, business consulting and due diligence. You will be part of the client service team advising clients on transformational projects for their businesses and on delivering ongoing value to shareholders. You will be interfacing with client management (typically C-suite executive) and other professionals. You will be assisting in coordinating client services and advice from other professional firms (e.g. lawyers and stockbrokers) and other internal specialists from our Deals and Consulting business and other advisory service lines.
In the Public Company Advisory team we advise private and quoted small-mid cap, high-growth companies seeking growth, specifically through accessing public equity funding in the following ways:
- Initial public offerings (IPOs) and stock market flotations – we are a leading independent Nominated Adviser in the London market advising companies on the AIM Market.
- Adviser to quoted companies – we act as a trusted adviser to quoted companies on an ongoing basis. Our portfolio includes companies on the Main Market, AIM and AQSE exchanges.
- Public company M&A – we deliver the specialist advice required by the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers for M&A transactions that involve buying or selling a ‘plc’
We’re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we’ll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
As a manager within our team, you will:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of a portfolio of retained quoted clients, advising board and executive management on the ongoing activities of the company
- As the lead corporate finance (or nominated) adviser, you will be expected to support the management of the project team, working with both internal and external parties, and grasp transaction issues to assist in driving projects forwards
- Be responsible for reviewing and analyzing transaction documentation, including admission documents, shareholder circulars and management presentations, as well as stock market announcements for the client portfolio; providing regulatory and commercial insight and input.Support the presentation of conclusions and recommendations to clients and be capable of discussing the implications and action points
- Consult effectively with specialists within the wider firm for the purposes of assessing complex situations and the risk implications
- Delegate and coach junior team members, taking a proactive interest in performance and wellbeing
- Deal with the team’s compliance procedures as well as reviewing the regulatory record keeping for your clients
- Build and maintain a network of contacts within the firm and the wider business community and contribute to sales pitches and drafting proposals.
Knowing you’re right for us
Joining us as a manager, the minimum criteria you’ll need is to have:
- Prior experience of advising on IPOs and takeovers, specifically in a UK regulatory environment. This would typically be from working as part of the corporate finance team at a nominated adviser, sponsor or AQSE corporate adviser firm or legal firm. You will be able demonstrate competence in the application, for example, on the AIM Rules for Companies, the AQSE Rulebook, market abuse regulation and the Takeover Code
- ‘Qualified Executive’ (or equivalent) status, or be able to demonstrate substantial progress in this regard
- Be able to assess commercial priorities and regulatory issues to provide insightful analysis
- Be comfortable working in a transaction environment and demonstrate responsibility for your clients
- Experience preparing and delivering reports and presentations
- Effective at prioritising and managing a portfolio of clients
- Conducting research to learn about your clients and using available resources to identify solutions to their business needs.
It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way.
- Strengthening new and existing client relationships.
- A desire to build your own personal brand.
- Have a proactive approach and provide development opportunities for junior team members
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.